The SocialKent County Showground, Maidstone 11th March 2017
The Social is a boutique music festival showcasing the world’s greatest dance music acts in the idyllic setting of The Kent County Showground in Maidstone, Kent. The Social originally launched on the 28th September 2013 and closed the summer in style, bringing a taste of Ibiza to the south east of England with a line-up of the world’s most discerning electronic music talent.
Located a stones throw away from London at the beautiful Kent County Showground.
In addition to the carefully curated line-up, an acute emphasis will be placed on the local community and The Social aims to source locally produced food on site and involve nearby companies and universities with creative aspects of the festival. The site is designed to create an intimate boutique feel and there will be funfair rides and market stalls for customers to enjoy.
This event is strictly over 18s. We will be operating a challenge 25 policy. If you are lucky enough to look under 25, you will be asked to prove your age. The following forms of identification are accepted: Passport, Drivers License, Citizen Card. If you fail to provide the relevant identification you will be asked to leave the site. No refunds will be given for failing to prove you age.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
If you purchase a ticket it is assumed you have read and agreed to the Terms & Conditions below.
Once a ticket has been purchased a refund cannot be refunded unless the event is cancelled or changes date. No refund will be given if one or more of the advertised acts does not turn up. Each ticket is only printed once, if your ticket is stolen, lost, defaced or altered we can’t issue a new ticket and/or may refuse entry with no refund. To collect tickets from our ticket collection point you will need to bring valid ID and your confirmation email. If tickets arrive late in the post it is outside of our control eg. Strikes or not in to sign for tickets we can’t take responsibility for this. Please check your details of your order before confirming your purchase. Not all mistakes can be amended, if you notice a mistake contact us straight away before we post your tickets (If delivery selected).
If your ticket(s) do not arrive 48 hours before the event call us to re-arrange new tickets to be held on the door for you.
The event promoter reserves the right to refuse entry of the ticket holder to the event site and to eject the ticket holder at its absolute discretion.
Admission is at the ticket holder’s own risk. However this does not exclude any liability of the promoter for death for personal injury arising out of its negligence
It is a licensing condition that every person entering the site has a valid ticket or pass.
Lost tickets will not be replaced. Keep your ticket safe.
If you have purchased ticket(s) under the deposit scheme, the following terms apply:
* The initial payment is £10 of the face value of your ticket plus the total booking fee.
* The remaining £40 of the ticket value will be paid in two individual instalments.
* The first instalment is due by 1700 on 31st January 2017 and second instalment due on 28th February 2017. There will be no extra booking fees changed when paying the . This payment can be made online via skiddle.com/orders - Call 03333 010101 for assistance.
* If the total balance is not received by Skiddle by the deadline, you forfeit all the payments you have made and the tickets will be voided. Under no circumstances will the festival accept balance payments after the 28th February deadline - it is your responsibility to ensure you have made payment before this date.
* You cannot pay the balance at the gate - if you arrive at the gate with only a receipt for a part paid ticket, you will not be allowed entry.
* We will email you before the deadline if you have a balance outstanding. Please make sure the email address on your order is correct.
* You will receive a receipt for your deposit and balance payments but you will only receive the full barcoded ticket once the whole value of the ticket/s has been paid.
* The deposit and balance owed can only be paid by credit/debit card; you do not have to use the same credit/debit card for both transactions (if using a different card, please call Skiddle on 03333 010101).
* The deposit and associated fees are non-refundable and no claim can be made to recover this money whatsoever.
* These terms and conditions for the deposit scheme are in addition to the standard The Winter Social Festival 2017 and Skiddle.com terms and conditions which you agree to at the time of purchase.
* Any enquiries regarding the deposit ticket scheme please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Will there be cash machines on site?
Yes, you’ll find ATM’s located around the site.
If you are disabled or care for someone who is, please drop us an email – email@example.com and we will be very happy to assist you in every way that we can.
Parking will be free at the showground.
No alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks can be taking into the Festival.
We have several bars located around the site to keep you hydrated or to purchase alcoholic drinks.
What food will be available?
We’re very particular about what we put in our bellies, so expect a range of high quality global cuisine served at The Social Festival.
For those seeking gluten free and vegetarian options, rest assured your needs will be catered for.
Locker will be available soon.
The Festival opens at 12:00pm Saturday 11th March
Last entry is 8pm
Train station: Maidstone East - Plan your journey: www.tfl.gov.uk
Nearest airports: London Gatwick
From Heathrow Airport:
Take the train from Gatwick Station to London Victoria. Change on to the Southeastern line to Maidstone East.
BIG GREEN COACH INFORMATION:
Big Green Coaches will be traveling to The Social Festival from several locations this September. Check out their website for more info: http://goo.gl/Rufc52
If you are looking to book a hotel for a night or for the weekend of The Social Festival, then look no further! We have teamed up with Festicket to locate all the best hotels around the area and also offering hotel-ticket packages. Check our here for more info: http://bit.ly/2fkibgs
Strobe lighting, smoke machines and Carbon Dioxide Cannons may be used during the event. First aiders will be across the site as well as medical tents situated around the site.
There will be drug searches at the front entrance as well as sniffer dogs patrolling the queues.
There is a zero tolerance to drugs at The Social Festival. Offenders will be handed over to the police and drug dealers will be prosecuted. Those caught in possession of personal drugs will be evicted from site whatever the circumstances.
No professional cameras, video recorders or any form of audio equipment allowed on event site.
No animals will be allowed into the event site except guide dogs for the blind.
Keep your belongings safe
In February of 2012, the BBC reported that mobile phone thefts in the London borough of Islington alone had increased by 400% over 12 months.
As the availability of camera phones and the culture of recording on them increases, if you are using/filming/advertising your phone at The Social for a short or prolonged period of time, you are making yourself even more visible to a small percentage of people who are motivated to steal your possessions. Please be aware that your free-on-contract handset is worth a lot more in other hands.
Please, don’t advertise your property
- Avoid displaying your phone and valuables unnecessarily, for example photographing or recording artists/DJs.
- Keep your phone in a secure place, not in a loose, easily accessible back pocket.
- Be aware of the behaviour of those around you. Report anything suspicious to a security guard or steward.
Don’t let it ruin your Social Festival experience
- Activate you phone’s security code.
- Back up all your contacts and data before you leave home.
- Make your phone identifiable - use permanent property marking techniques and mark the battery.
- Register your mobile phone’s IMEI number for FREE on www.immobilise.com.
- Utilize GPS tracker apps on your smart phone.
- Stick with your friends and identify a suitable meeting point so if you do get split up you can find each other even if someone has lost their phone or had it stolen.
- Don’t leave handbags open or pockets easily accessible.
- Don’t keep cash, cards and valuables in one place - spread them out among your pockets and clothing, using pockets secured by zips/buttons or in pockets inside jackets where possible. Be aware that in a crowded environment, where contact with other people is unavoidable, thieves will try to unzip/unbutton pockets and bags.
If your phone or personal property is stolen
- As soon as you realise that any of your property is missing, inform both a member of the venues staff/security team and the Police immediately. Do not wait until you get home.
- Contact your network provider to ask for the SIM card and handset to be blocked. Telephone numbers for network providers can be found here: www.nmpcu.police.uk/network-numbers.php
For more advice and information visit the National Mobile Phone Crime Unit’s website at:www.nmpcu.police.uk
If you have an enquiry about lost property please email firstname.lastname@example.org with exact details about what it is you’ve lost, and if possible a photograph of the item you’ve lost. If it’s a phone please include your IMEI number, unlock code and full description of the phone. Also please include your email address, telephone number(s) to reach you on and postal address.
We operate a Challenge 25 policy, if you look younger than 25 you will be asked for a valid photo ID which can include:
- Driving license
If your ID is out of date it will NOT be accepted and you will be refused entry. This event is strictly for over 18s only.
If you are found to be using ID that isn’t yours you will be removed from the grounds without a refund. You will need to keep your wristband on throughout the day while on the site, if you don’t have your wristband on you may be removed from the site. Social Events World Wide Ltd - Operates a Zero tolerance policy on the misuse of drugs and anti - social behaviour. Any one found mis-using drugs or committing anti social behaviour will be removed from the premises and may be reported to the Police.
Every now and then you may receive emails from us letting you know about the latest information regarding The Social Festival and other third party company promotions. If you wish to remove yourself from these mailings please email us at email@example.com or follow the link at the bottom of each email sent to you.
By using this website or and/or accepting the conditions outlined above you have given consent for the collection and possible usage of your personal data. If you do not wish for this to happen please let us know.
For all press queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org